The first official day of Fall isn’t until September 22nd, but the weather has turned, football has started, and pumpkin spice lattes are back, which means Fall is here! Rivalries run deep throughout Kentuckiana, but there’s no competition among the recipes below. We have compiled a few sweet, salty, and savory appetizers for your next tailgating party.
Quick and Easy Tailgating Recipes
This recipe makes 48 mini muffin sized bites and is perfect if you’re expecting a lot of people. If you don’t want quite as many, halve the recipe or make in a regular sized muffin tin for 24.
- 12 oz. elbow macaroni
- 5 oz. of garlic and herb cheese (any soft spreadable herbed cheese)
- 2 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp. cold unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
For the crust:
- 2 cups crushed Ritz Crackers
- 6 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray 2 mini muffin tins with cooking spray
- Melt the 6 tbsp of butter and then mix in crushed Ritz crackers and 1/2 cup cheddar. Press 1 tbsp of crumb mixture until firmly packed into the bottom of the muffin tin. The crust should come up on the sides.
- Cook the macaroni noodles according to the box, then strain and put into a large bowl. Add the herbed cheese, cheddar, sour cream, milk, eggs, cold butter, and salt and pepper. Mix until the cheese starts to melt and no large clumps remain.
- Spoon 1-2 tbsp of the mixture over the crust mixture. Bake for 15 minutes and let stand for 10. Run a knife around the edges and gently remove each one. Serve warm and enjoy!
This sweet and crunchy recipe takes about 22 minutes to make and will be sure to please everyone with a sweet tooth.
- 4 1/2 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 4 1/2 cups Corn Chex cereal
- 1cup packed brown sugar
- 1 stick salted butter
- 1/4 up light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the cereal in a large bowl. Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon and sugar.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup together until the mixture comes to a boil. Let it boil for one minute, stirring constantly, then remove from heat and stir in baking soda. Pour over the cereal and stir until coated.
- Spread the coated cereal on a prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle evenly with the cinnamon sugar mix. Bake for 5 minutes, then flip with a spatula and bake for 3 more minutes until cereal is golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool completely. Then break it up and store in an air tight container.
Because you can’t go wrong with bacon.
- 1 package butter crackers (like Townhouse or Club crackers, either rectangular or oval in shape)
- 8-10 slices of uncooked bacon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil
- Line crackers on a wire rack that is set on a baking sheet. (Leave a little space in between the crackers for the bacon, as it will hang over the edges of the crackers.)
- Slice the bacon into thirds or fourths (depending on the length and shape of your crackers). Place a piece of cut bacon lengthwise on each cracker.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of brown sugar on top of the bacon-topped crackers (about 1 heaping teaspoon per cracker). Then lightly sprinkle with cayenne and black pepper.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until brown sugar begins to melt and bacon becomes crisp. Allow crackers to cool on wire rack before eating.
Chevy’s are great vehicles for every part of your life. They are reliable, family friendly, and ready for all your adventures. Here’s our take on Chevrolet’s Top 3 Best Tailgating Trucks and more Tailgating Hacks. We have also created several Chevrolet Spotify Playlists. Choose from country music, beach vibes, or other rock & roll classics to play at your next tailgating party. Now is the time to search for the perfect Chevrolet for you and your family.