In today’s video, we will demonstrate how to remove and replace the roof on your Corvette Stingray. The Corvette Stingray’s new roof weighs in at about 15 pounds, making it a piece of cake to remove and store.
See below for the step-by-step instructions. Be sure to watch the video of the full demonstration and easy to follow process.
HOW TO REMOVE THE ROOF ON THE CHEVY CORVETTE STINGRAY:
- Start by unlocking the side paddles on the roof above the sun visors.
- Press up on the paddle at the back of the roof and press the small button simultaneously to release the paddle and unhook the roof from the vehicle.
- Press up on the roof to disconnect the roof from the vehicle.
- Next, exit your Stingray and gently remove the roof.
At this point, you can stow the roof, or replace it with a different roof. See below for the steps to replace the roof.
REPLACING THE ROOF ON THE CHEVY CORVETTE STINGRAY
- Lift the deck lid and remove replacement lid.
- To install, make sure the ball connectors fit securely in the proper sockets.
- From the inside of the vehicle, push down on the back paddle, making sure the hook on the roof catches the loop on the vehicle.
- You can now close the two side panels above the sun visors.
- You can easily stow your roof by sliding the front end of the roof in first, then lower the back end, making sure the sides catch on the tracks.
For more videos on the Chevy Corvette and other models, subscribe to our channel. Contact Bachman Chevrolet today to schedule an appointment with a sales representative and get a quote online. Have other questions about your Chevy? Ask us in the comments below.