If you were ever wondering how you would get your kids doing anything but playing Fortnite: Battle Royale on the couch this summer, we’ve got an idea. It’s not exactly a solution, but hear us out…Kids can now play Fortnite: Battle Royale from the backseat of any vehicle with in-vehicle wifi!
Let’s be real for a second, parents. Hooking up a PlayStation or Xbox for a long road trip is what our dreams are made of. Picture quiet kids and teens stealthily playing Fortnite in the back seat and you and your spouse enjoying peaceful conversation in the front seat. Wishes for all have been granted!
Related: The Best Mom Cars
Tutorial on Playing Fortnite: Battle Royale in Your Car
Getting ready for the long road trip? Pack the PlayStation or Xbox! Don’t worry, we’ve got all the deets on how to “ride the storm” of Fortnite and a long drive.
You will need the following basics:
- PlayStation 4 Slim or Xbox One S & a compatible controller
- A/C Power Cord
- HDMI Cable
- Obviously, a copy of Fortnite installed on the console
- Suggested: headphones so you don’t have to listen to your kids getting one pumped for nine hours.
Now, that you’ve got everything you need for a Fortnite marathon on the way to the family reunion, here’s how it’s done.
Related: WiFi and Family Travel
How to Play Fornite with In-vehicle Wifi
- Start by plugging your consoles A/C power cord into the outlet on the back of the center console.
- Plug the HDMI cable into the available HDMI input.
- Then turn on the console.
If your screen looks like this, fix it by simply going to the video option on the front console. Then, press rear media until it uses the HDMI input.
Now, use your Chevrolet’s built-in 4G LTE connection or test your internet connection to sign-in to PS+ or Xbox Live and get online. Get the full video tutorial below. Visit our YouTube channel and subscribe to see our future videos.