The all-new 2018 Chevrolet Traverse is a roomy mid-size SUV that is designed for comfort and equipped to keep you, your passengers, and cargo safe. We have created several YouTube videos going over the details of the newly redesigned Chevrolet Traverse.
The 2018 Chevrolet Traverse is a vehicle for the go-getters, adventure seekers, and anyone else who values the everyday drive. The 2018 Traverse offers an impressive 98.2 cubic feet of cargo space and can seat up to 8. The vehicle has been redesigned from the inside out and features a noise-canceling cabin to provide a peaceful and quiet drive and a redesigned exterior, which provides a bold look that draws all the right attention. We have created the following videos to provide a review of the 2018 Traverse.
2018 Chevrolet Traverse: 5 Cool Features
There are many things to love about the Traverse, but these are our five favorite features:
- Apple CarPlay: You can connect your iPhone to Chevy MyLink, which is the 8-inch touchscreen entertainment center. Select apps and other features will appear on the screen for easy access. Chevy MyLink also allows you to make and receive calls via Bluetooth, get text alerts, and make and receive calls.
- Rear Camera Mirror: This technology allows the rearview mirror surface to double as a video screen, providing the driver with a wider and unobstructed field of view behind the vehicle.
- Surround Vision: Strategically placed cameras work together to create a bird’s eye view around the vehicle to help with parking and seeing obstacles while driving at low speeds. The rear vision camera, forward-looking camera, and cameras under each side mirror create surround vision.
- Traction Mode Selector: This allows the driver to make real-time adjustments to the car’s driving modes to be prepared for all of the road’s conditions. Options include non-hazardous, everyday driving conditions, snowy conditions, and off-road conditions to help move the vehicle through snow, ice, gravel etc, as well as a tow/haul mode.
- Hands-Free Gesture Liftgate: This feature is exclusive to the Premier and High Country models and provides an easy, hands-free option to open the trunk by using a gentle kicking motion. To make things even more convenient, the Traverse projects the Chevrolet logo to guide you. See how it works here.
2018 Chevrolet Traverse Technology
The 2018 Traverse is equipped with many features to keep you and your family connected and entertained everytime you’re in the car. Some tech features have already been mentioned above as part of our top favorite features including surround vision, rear camera mirror, and Chevy MyLink. If we were to feature a sixth favorite feature it would be the OnStar RemoteLink app, which can be downloaded to your mobile device to remotely control certain vehicle features from your phone. Through the app, you can remotely start your vehicle, pinpoint the vehicle’s location on a map, lock and unlock doors, and so much more.
We mentioned the Chevy MyLink above regarding how it works alongside Apple Carplay, but aside from that, Chevy MyLink is an 8-inch full-color touchscreen entertainment center where you can access navigation and traffic maps, weather, SiriusXM Radio, and more. The icing on the cake is that the system connects to a 7 speaker premium Bose audio system.
2018 Traverse comes standard with Bluetooth audio connectivity that connects your smartphone to the car to make calls, listen to music, and more all while keeping your hands on the steering wheel. Wondering how to connect your device to your Traverse’s Bluetooth? Watch our “How to Connect Bluetooth” video on our YouTube channel.
The 2018 Traverse also features 4G LTE WI-Fi that provides a stronger connection than your phone and can connect up to 7 devices. Teen Driver technology provides parents with a full status report on your teen’s driving habits and provides advanced features that allow you to set audio levels and speed limit.
Whether you’re driving to the beach during fall break, carpooling to sporting events, or running errands over the weekend, you can do so comfortably and quietly in the Traverse. Stay tuned to our YouTube Channel for more how-to videos and overviews of different features regarding the 2018 Traverse. Check out our new and used Traverse inventory and schedule a test drive.