The completely redesigned 2018 Chevrolet Equinox is a versatile compact SUV built with your needs and wants in mind. It is perfectly balanced, efficient, and eye-catching with an EPA-estimated 39 MPG on the highway. The Chevrolet Equinox is great for commutes, weekend getaways, and towing with the 2.0L turbocharged engine. We have created a few videos about the Equinox on our YouTube channel to provide an overview of the new and notable features of the vehicle below.
2018 Chevrolet Equinox Safety Features
The 2018 Equinox has safety features placed from the front to back end of the vehicle. Low speed forward automatic braking and forward collision alert are technologies placed in the front of the vehicle to keep you safe. In the back, the rear vision cameras provide crucial information on what is behind your vehicle, which assists in parking and shows rear cross traffic.
The rear view camera system helps you navigate into tight parking spaces to protect you, your vehicles, and others around you. The display shows what’s behind the vehicle and provides a visual layout for which direction the wheel is turning. Color markers tell the distance of objects from your bumper. Surround vision uses the rear view camera, a camera in the front grille, and a camera on each side view mirror to provide a 360-degree bird’s eye view of your vehicle and everything around it.
The 2018 Equinox features a comprehensive airbag system and high strength steel safety cage to help direct impact energy around the cabin instead of through it.
2018 Chevrolet Equinox Tech Features
There are several notable tech features in the 2018 Equinox:
- The 8-inch color full-color display shows traffic and weather, as well as can connect to Chevy MyLink and ApplePlay.
- The 4G LTE in-vehicle Wi-Fi can connect up to 7 devices and offers a stronger connection than your phone typically can.
- The Equinox’s Teen Driver System provides a full status report when kids drive. Parents can set limits on distance driven, top speeds, and speaker levels.
2018 Chevrolet Equinox Performance Features
The Equinox has several different engine options as of this summer!
- The 1.5L turbocharged engine offers 170 horsepower and 203 pounds of torque
- The diesel engine is efficient, quiet, and offers up to 40 miles per gallon
- The 2.0L turbocharged engine allows the Equinox to tow up to 3,500 pounds, features 252 horsepower, and 260 pounds of torque. When equipped with the 2.0L turbo engine, the Equinox can easily carry up to 3,500 pounds with the help of the Tow Haul Mode button and the transmission will automatically assist in hauling heavy loads.
Other notable features include a switchable all-wheel drive to increase traction in slippery or snowy conditions and StabiliTrak, which maintains vehicle control when sudden maneuvers and reduces engine torque to apply the correct amount of pressure to front brakes.
2018 Chevrolet Equinox Design Features
The 2018 Equinox has been completely redesigned from the inside out. The reworked exterior features aerodynamic sculpting to maximize efficiency and to stand out on the road. The vehicle also boasts a panoramic sunroof so you and your passengers can enjoy the sun and cool breeze. On the inside, the Equinox has an impressive 63.5 cubic feet of cargo space when the rear seats are folded down and additional space can be created when items are stored on the roof rails. The two-toned heated and vented bucket seats mean you and your passengers will be comfortable for short commutes or long road trips!
For more informational and how-to video’s on the 2018 Equinox, subscribe to our YouTube channel. Search through our new and used Equinox inventory and schedule a test drive to experience the newly redesigned Equinox for yourself.