Corvette enthusiasts everywhere, the anticipation of waiting for the new 2016 model features to be announced to the public can be too much to handle! Luckily, the National Corvette Museum Bash, where the 2016 Corvette Stingray is set to debut, is just around the corner. On April 23-25, 2015, the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY will host its annual Bash, which traditionally marks the rollout of the next model year Corvette.
Besides getting up close and personal with the 2016 Stingray, attendees can also participate in several different seminars that will be offered during the two-day event. Special, in-depth classes will go over what’s new in the 2016 model year, the award winning body structure, and how to use the 7th generation navigation system. GM engineers will also be on hand to answer questions. New to Bash this year is the LT4 Engine building demonstration by BGAP Rob Nichols and Brian Lee.
According to the National Corvette Museum website, returning activities include seminars by the C4/C5/C6 Specialist Paul Koerner, the Corvette race team members Doug Fehan, and Corvette Drivers Tommy Milner and Dan Binks. A Corvette Store Fashion Show is also on the schedule, as well as a host of other activities to keep attendees entertained.
So What New Features Can we Expect for the 2016 Corvette?
According to Corvetteblogger, new color and stitching options are just some of the new expected features.
- A new Yellow will be offered (RPO code GC6) and a new shade of red called Addiction Red Tint Code will be offered (RPO G1E).
- Convertibles will be getting two new color tops – Bastille Red and Night Shadow Blue.
- Inside the new Corvettes, two-tone seats will be offered as well as the option for red or yellow stitching.
- A new interior color will be offered – Spice Red. Other changes include red seats with suede inserts and black with suede seating surfaces.
- A few new wheel options are coming for Z06 as well as a new decal package.
More details will emerge over the next week as Bash concludes and bloggers get busy sharing all they learned from the event. At Bachman Chevrolet, we’re just as excited as you are about seeing the new 2016 Corvette Stingray, and we will continue sharing updated feature information as we learn more. Be sure to check back soon!